AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to Start a Published GeoData Service (AGS 10.5)

Question asked by wilcowart on Dec 13, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2019 by wilcowart

I've created a GDB in our Enterprise SDE, populated the GDB with some data, and shared the GDB as a Geodata Service to AGS 10.5,

that part works fine but when I try to start the Geodata service in ArcGIS Server Manager (v10.5), I get this error:

Service failed to start

####.####_Hydrants.GeoDataServer:
####-MAPSERVER.####.LOCAL
Unable to init from SERVER=####-sqlserver;INSTANCE="DSID=d50ff2c1-b4c4-4af8-8a03-bdf40378ed11";DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=####-sqlserver;DATABASE=####;VERSION=dbo.DEFAULT;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA.

in the Log, I get these error code(s):

Failed to construct instance of service '####/####.GeoDataServer'. Unable to init from SERVER=####-########;INSTANCE="DSID=d50ff2c1-b4c4-4af8-8a03-bdf40378ed11";DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=####-#########;DATABASE=Milledgeville;VERSION=dbo.DEFAULT;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA.

Failed to initialize server object '#############': 0x800501b2: Unable to init from SERVER=####-######;INSTANCE="DSID=d50ff2c1-b4c4-4af8-8a03-bdf40378ed11";DBCLIENT=sqlserver;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=####-#####;DATABASE=######;VERSION=dbo.DEFAULT;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=OSA.

Unable to init from %s

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Outcomes