AnsweredAssumed Answered

Refresh calculation or update from results of differrent question

Question asked by bweller on Dec 12, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2018 by JTedrick-esristaff

I have a field ${TestVar4} that I use to trigger a required_message if a certain condition is not met. The user then has to go back and make these changes before the survey is successfully submitted. The problem is that I do not know how to refresh this condition once the changes have been made. I I really do not want to use the relevant option as I want it always visible. Is there a way to refresh the calculation?

I thought that maybe I could put a calculation to reset the values in ${TestVar4} in the question that has to be entered but I am not seeing how this is done. For example, they have to go back and select Yes (perhaps multiple times for multiple records) in a repeat section named ${Continue}. It would be nice if I could somehow refresh ${TestVar4} in the ${Continue} calculation column. I was thinking something like:

if(${CompleteCountCal} =0, ${TestVar4} = 'Yes2',${TestVar4}=''). Is this possible?

BTW, ${Continue} and ${TestVar4} are in separate groups. Using ver. 3.1.126 Connect

Outcomes