How to use the advanced setting Use a tile package for the offline basemap

Jump to solution
12-12-2018 11:03 AM
JakeJacobs
Occasional Contributor III

I have two tpks side-loaded on my device to use with the New Collector on iOS.  On my web map I enabled

Use a tile package for the offline basemap - Device will use a tile package it already has

I put the name of one TPK: WAID_Dist_Imagery.tpk in the box provided. And Saved

But when I go to download an offline area on my map, in the extent where that basemap works, it still brings the web map's vector basemap (Light Gray Base) along.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erika -- You aren't doing anything wrong  Setting a basemap in the map properties (as you are doing here) isn't supported in Collector yet. It will be supported in a future release.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erika -- You aren't doing anything wrong  Setting a basemap in the map properties (as you are doing here) isn't supported in Collector yet. It will be supported in a future release.

Esri Education Team
RobertRayner1
New Contributor III

It still seems that this has not been implemented 4 months later, I choose an existing TPK and still download a map extent using the online base map. 

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert - You are correct. We are still working on the update of Collector to support this. It will be out in beta on iOS soon. Please join the Collector Early Adopter community if you'd like notification of and access to that beta when it is ready.

Esri Education Team
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Erika,

Thank you for the feedback.

That setting, although included in the recent update to ArcGIS Online, isn't currently supported in Collector yet. Support for this functionality will be coming in an upcoming release.

Thanks

-Kevin