How to exceed the limitation of FeatureLayer?

12-10-2018 08:53 PM
chenzero
New Contributor II

I using ArcMap published a Feature Service with about 5000 polygons, and on the ArcGIS Server, I am pretty ensure that "Maximum Number of Records returned by Server" is set to 10000. however, when this FeatureLayer is displayed in a SceneView,(yes, we need SceneView for 3d) I found that some polygons are not displayed in Chrome browser(latest, verion 70) ! I searched on the net, and it seems that ArcGIS js 4.9 can only display 2000-3000 features. Could you please how to exceed this limitation, whether it have some graphic card settings I can adjust to try ? Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

chen zero can you try with version 4.10? We made some recent enhancements to our ability to add larger datasets to SceneViews.

Release notes for 4.10 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.10 

0 Kudos
chenzero
New Contributor II

Thanks!
I tested with 4.10, and yes, this version works !

however, the problem is, we using another class: SketchViewModel  is definitely not work in 4.10. (the console msg said: SketchViewModel need MapView). I know the doc said SketchViewModel only works in MapView, however, I tried, it can work with SceneView in version 4.9. 
How to select features by polygon or rectangle in SceneView ?

0 Kudos
chenzero
New Contributor II

I wrote a html to demo SketchViewModel work in version 4.9
however, it's NOT work with version 4.10 
A Pen by chenzero 

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

The documentation is correct. Currently, SketchViewModel is designed to work with 2D MapViews only. 

0 Kudos
chenzero
New Contributor II

But how to select features in SceneView by drawing a polygon or rectangle ?

Please, can you genius guys have a look on the Pen I created, it's promising to let SketchViewModel(or something like class) fully work in SceneView in version 4.10 ?
Thank you very much!

0 Kudos