ArcGIS Collector 18.1.0 Stored Credentials for ArcGIS Online Feature Layer not Recognized

12-10-2018 06:25 AM
JohnBrodnicki
New Contributor III

We have an ArcGIS Online  web map used in Collector which has stored credentials in a feature layer hosted on ArcGIS Online. The new versions of Collector (18.1.0) does not recognize the store credentials and asks for the credentials for each layer in the Feature Layer when downloading the map for offline use. Is this expected behavior in the new version of Collector or a bug? The "Classic" version of Collector does not do this. It simply downloads each layer without asking for credentials. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

Thank you for the testing feedback. This issue you describe was a known issue in the Beta versions, but should have been addressed for the final release, and indeed it was resolved for the scenarios we tested against. The fact that you're still seeing this issue requires further investigation.

Also the issue you're seeing is slightly different because you're getting prompted on the initial download, whereas the previous issue I mentioned only prompted during sync. Therefore it might be a different issue from what we saw before.

Would you be able to share the map with me? If so, please create a new group in your ArcGIS Online organization > share the map/services with that group > invite the Collector4ArcGIS user into that group.

Thank you

-Kevin

JohnBrodnicki
New Contributor III

Kevin,

I appreciate your quick response. I spent an hour this morning trying to download maps with stored credential layers and I kept getting the request for credentials pop up. As I wrote earlier, the classic version did not ask for credentials. I was trying to pick which map to share with you a few minutes ago and, at the moment, all maps are working as expected (not asking for credentials). I really don't know what would have changed in the last 4 or 5 hours.

Since I can't reproduce the error I won't bother to share a map at this time. Just as a reference, our servers host the feature service and we use ArcGIS Online to create a feature layer and store the credentials. Does this match any of the scenarios you tested against?

Again, thanks for your quick response. I look forward to using the new version of Collector.

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

Thank you for the feedback. That is strange that you're no longer getting prompted....let me know if this issue happens again and we can proceed from there.

Out of curiosity though, at what point during the download were you getting prompted? i.e. in the screen where you picked the extent and level of detail or only after you had clicked 'Download Area'?

To answer your question, yes that does sound similar to my testing scenarios. I used an instance of ArcGIS Server > secured with token authentication > I then added this service as an item into My Content in AGOL and stored those credentials. Again, the problem we were seeing originally happen during sync, you would get prompted to enter in credentials.

Thank you for the feedback. Let me know if that happens again.

-Kevin

0 Kudos
JohnBrodnicki
New Contributor III

The prompt appeared after clicking "Download Area".

-John

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

Thank you that information.

Please let me know if this happens again.

-Kevin

0 Kudos