ArcGIS Desktop 10.6 Single-Use License Authorization Failed

12-06-2018 11:48 PM
OmurSaygin2
New Contributor

Hello, 

One of my students is experiencing  a strange problem to authorize ArcGIS Desktop 10.6 using a  single-use license. 

Unfortunately, license authorization failed (please see the attached screenshot) . I suggested him to clear the trusted storage for single-use licenses but this solution didn't work.  I would appreciate if you could let me know how to fix this 

problem. 

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Omur,

Go to the ArcGIS Administrator.  Check the Machine ID.  It should list your MAC Adress, Host Name, IP Address, Domain and at least two UMN id's.  If you only see one or if any feature mentioned was not identified, reinstall ArcGIS Desktop.  If this is not the case, I would suggest you contact Technical Support.  This could require deep troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos
CodyMarsh
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would ensure that administrative access has been given to the user running the license authorization. It seems from the error that there is some kind of security in place on the machine that may not allow the activation to be successful. Would they be able to try an offline activation? 

0 Kudos