Community Profiles via a Story Map?

Jump to solution
12-05-2018 10:24 PM
BushtelAdmin
New Contributor III

G'day All!

There are 63 communities that we would like to display information on ten topics.

The ten topics include AGO web maps and external websites.

The 63 communities would use the same content, just a different extent.

We have a proof of concept for one community using a Map Journal.

The scale of the Story decrease from large to small as the story progresses to provide a spatial context.

Can this be replicated 62 times?

Maybe I'm after something like a Shortlist Story that then links to a Map Journal for each location.

Or a Story format that has a pick list like a Dashboard.

The journal text would be populated from a database that is updated about once a week.

The story should be focused on each community, so a ten tabbed Map Series is undesirable.

Bonus points if the above can be done out of the box or at least hosted on AGO.

Worst case would be to link to a PDF file of the ten pages of content, losing all the interactivity and still potentially needing to update the 63 PDF regularly.

Medium case would be to link Story back to existing profiles:

NTG - BushTel : Maningrida 

Open to suggestions / ideas

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

I would try and avoid a deployment pattern where you have to deliver such a large number of Story Maps. It can be done (there are 58 story maps on this page: Regional Transportation Alliance of Southwestern Pennsylvania — Home ) but we don't have easy ways to replicate or automate the generation of that many story maps out of the box, especially if you are looking to update the text in each of those stories every week. I think you'd need to work with a developer to try and set that up or Esri professional services. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

I would try and avoid a deployment pattern where you have to deliver such a large number of Story Maps. It can be done (there are 58 story maps on this page: Regional Transportation Alliance of Southwestern Pennsylvania — Home ) but we don't have easy ways to replicate or automate the generation of that many story maps out of the box, especially if you are looking to update the text in each of those stories every week. I think you'd need to work with a developer to try and set that up or Esri professional services. 

BushtelAdmin
New Contributor III

Hi Rupert Essinger

Thank you for your wisdom.
I thought that may be the case and good to have confirmed as we explore options.

Thanks again

0 Kudos