AnsweredAssumed Answered

Move-to edit tool error when moving multiple points to a single location

Question asked by FSwaciak on Dec 5, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2018 by SHarris-esristaff

I have been working on editing and cleaning up very large data set comprised of point data. Most of the points are stacked on each other at specified boat launches. One issue came up when GPS point data assigned the point location instead of the specified launch coordinates so there are often clusters of 100s of points that should be assigned to a single location. For the cluster of points below I attempted to move these by using the "move-to" modifying tool to move them to absolute coordinates. When executing the tool it would move all of the points as a group centered around my desired coordinates as seen in the screenshots (before move-left, after move-right). I had to use a script in arcmap 10.6 to successfully move the moves to a single location. 

I was wondering if this is a bug in the move-to editing tool or if this is an intentional option that can be changed. 

I am curious as to what the reasoning to this tool would be if it was designed this way and if there is a way in arcmap to bulk move points to a single location. 

Outcomes