QR Scan doesn't download app

12-03-2018 06:37 PM
JohnLowry2
New Contributor II

I'd like to teach my students how to collect data with an app on their smart phone, but can't get it to work myself.

I'm using AppStudio Player and use the View App Live button to test my Quick Report app.  When I scan the QR button nothing happens. The AppStudio Player says "Looks like you haven't downloaded any app."  

OK.  Since I originally posted this I tried it with another phone and it worked fine.  My question now is what could explain it not working on one phone (Huawei), but working fine on another phone (Moto G)?  Could it be settings? I checked and there is enough storage on the Huawei.

I'm developing a tutorial for students, so I need to anticipate solutions to problems with different phones...if possible.

Many thanks,

John

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

John, 

We are not aware of any issue specific to Huawei. 

Can you provide the phone model name, OS version and screenshot? so that we can try to see what could be the issue. 

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
JohnLowry2
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Erwin.

I'm attaching some screenshots.  My phone is a a Huwwei Nova Lite, but am not certain that's the problem--but could be.  When I sign in to AppStudio Player I can see that I have one app but there's no icon for the app. When I scan the QR nothing happens.   I go through the same steps with another phone and I see an icon under my apps and when I scan the QR the app downloads to the phone. Many thanks, John. 

What I see when I check my appsNothing downloaded.phone details.

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

That is weird because the app count is based on the app icon. Have tried deleting and re-installing the AppStudio Player again?

0 Kudos
JohnLowry2
New Contributor II

Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least a couple of times.  I have also tried the AppStudio Player Classic version.  With the classic version, I sign in, refresh and see the icon for the app I created with AppStudio.  I click on it and then click on Download App.  It downloads and reaches 100% and then hangs, doing nothing more. I have 2 GB storage free on my phone.  Is there a way with AppStudio Player (not the classic version) to download the app without scanning the QR code?  It sure seems there's something about my phone that's preventing the download.  

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, if you are using AppStudio Desktop, you can sign-in, then upload the app. and then, the app would appear on the AppStudio Player, in which you can download.

0 Kudos