Computer requirements for ArcGIS Pro: CPU, video card?

12-04-2018 04:52 AM
JuliaGoldsworth
New Contributor III

I recently took an Esri MOOC and, during the evaluation of my PC to see if it would handle ArcGIS Pro, there were warning icons next to CPU and Video card but no info as to what was required. Does anyone here know? I have attached a picture.

Since it is time for a new computer, I thought I'd make sure I have what ArcGIS Pro needs.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

system requirements

ArcGIS Pro 2.2 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Can you run it link... to test your installation on that page

Can You Run It? 

AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Julia,

The graphic you provided suggests your system meets the recommended settings. The other tab will show if you meet the minimum settings. The "i" that you see does not mean there's a problem. It just means that the test is showing you information on what you have.

Per the FAQ from the company that enables the ArcGIS Pro Can You Run it test:

Why do some requirements just say “Info?”
This is just our way of creating a placeholder in the test. CPU requirements are written differently for each game – some will list specific models while others only say something like “2.0 GHz CPU.” Instead of listing the requirement twice in CPU and CPU Speed, we will label one of them as an Info row. This makes the system just report back your info without testing it. Note: an info row has no impact on your analysis and will not affect whether you pass or fail.

What I've learned from working with the Can You Run it Test? over the years is it's a great first pass to see if your computer can run the software. It can identify some limitations (you'll see big red x's in the results). But, the test is not perfect and sometimes will produce a false positive or false negative. Why? There are just so many possible combinations of hardware and software.

Adena

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Will you be using SDE data in Pro?  I ask because other data sources (file gdb, shapefiles) have good performance, but SDE is slow.  In my org's experience viewing data is slow, but editing data is even worse.  Just something to test before implementing in a production environment.