Defined range symbology in line feature

11-29-2018 08:13 PM
RudiniRudini
New Contributor II

Hi.. 

so i have line feature as base data. i want to add attribute table with the data similar with the attachment 

so far i know arcgis cant make merge cell in attribute field so i decide to make 3 columns in the table attribute (see attachment below).

the values are in percentage..

so my questions is:

if i want to set the symbology coloring using the range of percentage 0-100% using that data available is it possible to do?

because when i tried to classify it using the symbology method, it only show the data which available in my case in my case it will show something like this..

i cant set the range to zero and divide the class into 10 classes (i want to divided by 10% to each class)

i was try to converting the data to raster file but in the end it cant show the attribute table and the values gone crazy

*extra question: is it possible in arcgis if we want to show the 2 fields symbology at the same time by using another field? my point in my case is if select "progress" field it will show the "plan" field and "constructed" field symbology at the same time

im using arcGIS 10.2 desktop..

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanaNolan
Occasional Contributor III

To create the 10 classes, try Natural Breaks classification; it will allow you to select your breaks and number of classes. Pick the number of classes first, then hit the Classify button, and type in your Range value breaks in the Breaks box.

Here is a link to an older description of how to control graduated colors:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000004541

It should work for 10.2.

0 Kudos
RudiniRudini
New Contributor II

I did that, but i cant set the value from 0 to 100..

Because my smallest value is 94 something. 

If i do natural jerk and break into 10 classes they start at my smallest value..

0 Kudos
DanaNolan
Occasional Contributor III

Right, that would be the defaults. So then you just type over the defaults in the breaks box.

0 Kudos