I'm performing the following sequence:
1. Testing a script that adds fields and performs field calculations on a shapefile.
2. Debugging the output and modifying the script.
3. Removing the layer by right clicking and choosing "Remove" to prepare for the next run.
4. Unzipping and overwriting the shapefile.
5. Running the script again which adds the shapefile and performs other actions.
Unless I close and re-launch ArcGIS Pro (2.2.4) each time I run the script, the field names I added are retained.
Simply removing the layer and running the script doesn't clear the changes I made.
I'd like to avoid re-launching ArcGIS each time due to the time taken to load from disk.
Any help is appreciated!