AnsweredAssumed Answered

Publishing a custom print template, missing Export Web Map Task

Question asked by Missouri_EMGIS on Nov 29, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 29, 2018 by rscheitlin

I've created a custom print service in order to print webmaps in a custom layout from one of my apps, I've successfully followed the directions here but it looks like I can't select the URL of the service in my Organization > Utility Services.  When I look at my other print services in the REST services directory, they all include the Export Web Map task, and I can use any of them.  However, the REST endpoint for my new print service doesn't have the task - Under tasks, all I see is "none."  What do I need to do to enable the Export Web Map task for my new print service?

It may be worth asking a separate question for this, but I'm also curious if I even need an entirely new service at all.  The point of it was to allow users of one particular web app to print a map that included a large, bolded title that acted like a disclaimer.  The disclaimer sentence was too long to fit completely, which is why I designed a new template with the custom text on the layout.  Is there a better way to do this, like formatting the title text of my existing layouts?  Or can I create an entirely new layout without making a whole new service?

Outcomes