Legend Unique Values

11-28-2018 09:29 AM
Jennifer_Andrews
New Contributor III

In my TOC, I have a layer named OH Conductor Original.  Within that layer are several conductor types.  

When I set up my legend, I only want certain conductor types to be displayed in the legend (but all drawn on the map) but I have yet to find a way to exclude certain unique values.  Can this be done?

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

short of reclassifying your data, the only other way is to convert the legend to graphics and delete the pieces you don't want (ungroup the graphics to get down to the individual element level, then you can regroup when you are done.

Jennifer_Andrews
New Contributor III

Converting to graphics is the last thing I wanted to do since I have several maps to make and the legend will change with each one. I think I’ve found a work around though. I just figured there would be a better way to accomplish this as it seems like a pretty simple task.

Thank you for the response.

Jennifer Andrews

GIS Analyst

Craighead Electric Cooperative Corporation

870-336-4416

JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

You could add the layer again, symbolized as you'd as a separate layer to the service.

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.
0 Kudos
Jennifer_Andrews
New Contributor III

Thank you for the advice. I believe this to be similar to what I ended up doing.

Jennifer Andrews

GIS Analyst

Craighead Electric Cooperative Corporation

870-336-4416

0 Kudos