Dashboard using live traffic and road closure data

11-28-2018 07:29 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to create an operations dashboard using live traffic and road/footpath closure data.

But, I can't seem to get these features to populate properly on the dashboard's map. Also, I can't query or filter the data properly (within operations dashboard).

Whereas the web map works fine - http://arcg.is/14rT5j 

I'd really like to be able to query the 'waze traffic jams - feature layer' - to show the total length of traffic jams, etc...

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Gee

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

^^^ Any update on this matter?

Thanks,

Gee

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gee,

Something to test: Can you view and access the waze data when you open the web map in a configurable app template and in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS? I'm just trying to determine if the issue is in Operations Dashboard or all of the configurable web apps.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Derek Law‌,

This works fine using Web AppBuilder , and it works fine using most configurable app templates (didn't work on Local Perspective

It would be greatly appreciated, if you could look into why it's not working on Operations Dashboard.

All the feature layers of the web map are public facing (hope this is useful for debugging purposes)

Thanks,

Gee

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Geethaka Fernando,

Derek shared your post with me to assist in looking at the issue. I've added your web map to a new dashboard, and I see a few issues cropping up in the web traffic. Please correct any errors I may have made in the 

1. WazeTrafficJamsLiveSTAKEHOLDER appears to have a filter based on date applied to it. However, when Operations Dashboard attempts to retrieve some data, an error is returned, "Cannot perform query. Invalid query parameters." everything else looks pretty standard, so for this service I would recommend testing without the filter/date settings to see if this service's appearance is affected.
  2. Public_Temporary_Footpath_Closures also has a filter that appears to be problematic, "'Invalid field: closureType' parameter is invalid." This filter appears to be specifying a field that doesn't exist in the service.
  3. Footpath_Closures_public_view has a filter based on attribution similar to the previous service. The error received is "'Invalid field: requestRoadClosure' parameter is invalid."
  4. Public_Temporary_Road_Closures shares the same issue as the above services, "'Invalid field: closureType' parameter is invalid."
  5. Road_Closures_public_view_HISTORICAL, "'Invalid field: requestRoadClosure' parameter is invalid."

Based on these results, I would recommend testing the same services in a new web map, without any filters applied. This would highlight for us whether the issue is rooted in the filters you've defined, or with Operations Dashboard.

Could you also provide more clarification on what you're hoping to display in your dashboard? Which feature layers should have a filter applied, and how are any filters defined? Have any services been updated/modified since you first created your web map?

Thanks,

Scott

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Derek Law and Scott Prindle‌,
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, all layers work fine on Operations Dashboard when no filters are set in place.

But, reading through your comments - helped me understand the potential issue for this discrepancy 

I think the “Invalid field: fieldName’ parameter is invalid” error occurs when the user defines a feature layer view based on a specific fieldName. And the user also defines that fieldName to be hidden from the feature layer view. This relates to points 2 through to point 5. Unfortunately, I need to have these filters and conditions in place.

For example

Road Closures need to be approved by our Communications team and Delegate - before they can be displayed publicly.

But, I don't want the approval status - fields to be displayed to the public.

Definition of public feature layer view

Regarding Point 1 - I’ve defined the feature layer view to only show features - ‘CreationDate in the last 4 minutes.’ Again, I need to have this condition in place - see this blog post for more details.

Hope this helps.

Gee

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to investigate this issue Scott -  appreciate the help!!      

0 Kudos