Accessing Attachment Metadata

11-28-2018 09:53 AM
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

Is there any way to access attachment metadata easily from AGOL?  I am hoping to retrieve date taken timestamps from photos taken in Survey123/Collector and have yet to find a way to access this information.  If I download the photo and open in photo viewer the metadata is accessible.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

If you are looking at images collected via Survey123, you can see the image metadata in the Data tab of Survey123 - click on the a row in the table and the image details can then be accessed by clicking on the image in the data listing on the right.

Aside from that, as part of designing a Survey123 form, you can add image metadata as questions stored in the form - see https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/12/12/working-with-exif-image-metadata-in-surv... 

0 Kudos
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

Thank you James.  That works great and it's good to know the other EXIF tags that can be pulled as well.

The project I have setup also incorporates photo attachments using Collector.  Is there a way to access tags (and populate them into a field) for photos taken in Collector?

To briefly explain, I have designed a project for our parking enforcement officer to use while monitoring timed parking spaces.  The parking space point feature class utilizes a custom URL to launch Survey123 from Collector when a parked car is initially inventoried.  The point feature class generated by the submitted surveys is then displayed back on a map in Collector and when a vehicle has been parked for more than the posted limit the symbology changes from green to red.  The parking enforcement officer then opens the point in Collector and adds an additional photo when issuing a citation.  To this point I have just been using simple dateTime fields to capture when the vehicle was initially inventoried (when Survey123 is launched) and then again when the officer opens the point in Collector when issuing a citation.

Thank you for any suggestions you may be able to provide.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I'll let Collector for ArcGIS chime in on this...

0 Kudos