Multipatch feature normal values and texture images

11-25-2018 07:41 PM
MichaelPanlasigui
New Contributor III

When working with multipatch features, in addition to the part vertices, I need access to the normal values, texture coordinates, and texture images.  Does the ArcGIS Pro SDK have the equivalent of the IGeneralMultiPatchInfo and IGeneralMultiPatchCreator interfaces that exists in ArcObjects?  Thanks.

3 Replies
AnnetteLocke
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael,

The equivalent does not exist in the ArcGIS Pro SDK at this time. We will add it in the 2.4 release.

Thank you for the feedback.

Annette

MichaelPanlasigui
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have downloaded the ArcGIS Pro 2.4 beta and accompanying SDK API documentation.  So far, my evaluation has been limited to the API documentation.  I see that the Multipatch class has added many "Get" methods to access texture material data.  I don't see any "Set" methods in either the Multipatch or MultipatchBuilder classes.

If a multipatch feature isn't already textured, how does one add texture images to it via the API?  Any sample code on this?

Thanks,

Mike

AnnetteLocke
Esri Contributor

Hi Mike,

For the 2.4 release, we only have get methods to access texture material. Set methods will be added in a future release. As you may know, you can set texture material to a multipatch using the ArcGIS Pro application. 

Thank you for your interest,

Annette

0 Kudos