Survey Description- Hyperlinks

Jump to solution
11-26-2018 12:27 PM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

The description text before collecting a new survey is often helpful for contact info (emial phone) for support for our field users.

I don't believe it's possible but worth asking...

can I insert hyperlinks in this text box?

(hyperlink to an online hosted PDF for example) 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Yes. Totally doable!

Go into www.arcgis.com (or Portal for ArcGIS if using ArcGIS Enterprise). Login and open the Item Details Page of your Form item. Then change the description embedding HTML links.  After than, download again the survey into the app.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Yes. Totally doable!

Go into www.arcgis.com (or Portal for ArcGIS if using ArcGIS Enterprise). Login and open the Item Details Page of your Form item. Then change the description embedding HTML links.  After than, download again the survey into the app.

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

ahhh sweet, thanks Ismael Chivite

HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @IsmaelChivite , thanks for this tip!

The hyperlink will disappear if the survey is republished (@Survey123Connect, tested in 3.13.251), so that users lose the hyperlink at each update (unless they delete the survey and download it again, instaed of updating it). 

=> It would be great if that info page could be retained, or if hyperlinks coming from the Survey123Connect info page were retained.

I have searched if this ArcGISIdea already existed , and have published it here:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/hyperlink-support-in-survey123-field-app-info/i...

Cheers,

Hélène.