collect survey 123 according to field in the feature layer.

11-23-2018 10:07 AM
WASHSECTOR
New Contributor II

Hi, Hope this message finds you well. I have a question: It is possible to collect data using survey 123 for missing field in hosted feature layer. Below an example: I have a hosted feature layer having some data collected using survey 123. the first 10 fields were filled. After a while, i need to do another assessment for the same site. I added the fields (6 new questions) in the hosted feature layer and submission url. now i can do the new assessment (and fill the new 6 fields) but only from the inbox. What i am asking is to collect new submission and according to a field (e.g. pcode) inside the assessment the data will be filled in the correct record. Thank you, waiting your reply.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Wash Sector,

If you are wanting to edit existing records then this must be done via the Inbox, it is not possible to do a new collect (new survey) and store the results against an existing record. You could however create a new survey form that is based on the same feature service and using the same layer, and only add those 6 new fields to that survey. That way they are still editing the records via Inbox, but only seeing the 6 new questions, not all the previous 10 questions.

Phil.

WASHSECTOR
New Contributor II

Thank you Philip. So it is not possible to do a new collection and store the results against an existing records

Yeah the 2nd way (inbox) is sometimes confusing where not all sites being collected in the first survey.

0 Kudos