AUTO-UPDATING STREAMING IN COLLECTOR FOR ARCGIS

Jump to solution
11-19-2018 02:12 AM
Elijah
by
Occasional Contributor II

While I stream along lines in the field with collector, I need to have such lines viewed from the office by my colleagues AS I STREAM. Somehow, the lines are only visible when I manually submit/  update. Is there any way to have the lines auto-update/submit as I stream, so that it become visible at the other end as the layer updates??

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andy,

> ... the lines are only visible when I manually submit/update

This is expected behavior. The feature you're currently adding in Collector will only be visible in the web map AFTER it's been submitted.

> Is there any way to have the lines auto-update/submit as I stream, so that it become visible at the other end as the layer updates??

Unfortunately, no and this is by design. The feature is only updated in the "back end" after you explicitly submit the edit. It does not update as you are making edits to the feature.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Andy,

> ... the lines are only visible when I manually submit/update

This is expected behavior. The feature you're currently adding in Collector will only be visible in the web map AFTER it's been submitted.

> Is there any way to have the lines auto-update/submit as I stream, so that it become visible at the other end as the layer updates??

Unfortunately, no and this is by design. The feature is only updated in the "back end" after you explicitly submit the edit. It does not update as you are making edits to the feature.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Elijah
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your answers. I do appreciate it. However, don't you think such

an option may be beneficial especially when streaming a line? Submitting at

each segment and restarting to collect is a little more manual than one may

wish to do. Just thinks it could be added as an option.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Andy,

Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for Collector for ArcGIS.

Thanks,