AnsweredAssumed Answered

App Studio installation and compiler issues

Question asked by franklin.alexander on Nov 19, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 27, 2018 by franklin.alexander

I recently installed the latest version of AppStudio (3.1.134) for Windows x64 with a standard license, which is bundled with Qt version 5.11.1. System specs are: Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), and the app is installed in this location: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\AppStudio.  Have I done anything wrong to this point?  I ask because I am having a few issues.

1. I cannot open Qt Creator editor from inside AppStudio, when I click the 'editor' icon nothing happens. All other executable buttons are working. I am able to open Qt Creator from outside AppStudio, but I don't know if this is a problem since I can still access and edit the application files. 

2. I cannot get any console output when editing in Qt Creator, I get a message under the 'Issues' tab that says 'Qt Creator needs a compiler set up to build. Configure a compiler in kit options'. When I try to add a compiler, the only compiler I can find is 'Clang', but have been unable to get it to work. The ABI configuration: custom - x86 - windows - pe - 32bit. The only other choice is 'x86-windows' in the first dropdown, but then everything gets grayed out and it defaults to msvc2013 which seems wrong ( I think it should be msvc2015 if I am reading the specs correctly about this version of Qt Creater). At any rate, neither configuration is working. Not sure where to go from here. 

I appreciate any guidance as I am new to mobile development and AppStudio! 

Outcomes