Edit related tables in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
11-15-2018 05:23 PM
DouglasWenning
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to build a database to track parking in our city using the Collector for GIS app.  Rather than creating a point or feature every time a parking space is surveyed, I would like to add a new record in the related table with information on the Space Number (propagated from the parking feature class), License Plate Number (typed in by user), and Date and Time (automated).

any help would be appreciated.

Doug Wenning

City of Troy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Douglas,

You can accomplish this using the Edit widget in Web AppBuilder.  The edit widget will allow you to add records to a related table.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Douglas,

You can accomplish this using the Edit widget in Web AppBuilder.  The edit widget will allow you to add records to a related table.

DakeHenderson
New Contributor III

Hi Jake,

This is a popular question, but the link provided doesn't go into much detail on how to set this up using the Edit widget.    I'd like to keep my feature class (Farms) not editable, while having the related table (Grants) editable. I'd like the user to be able to view any farm and add/edit grants for each farm. I published the existing data with a relationship class, with Farms as the Origin class and Grants as the Destination table, since I don't want users (except myself) to change any farm data.

Thanks,  Dake

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Dake Henderson‌ I don't believe you'll be able to accomplish what you're looking to do.  The feature class (Farms) will need to be editable in order to edit the related tables via the Web AppBuilder Edit widget.

I would recommend adding this to as an idea to ArcGIS Ideas:

https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas 

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

Dake Henderson ,

What you are looking to do can be accomplished using the smart editor widget.