Can not edit vertices of Hosted Feature Layers in AGOL

11-15-2018 08:02 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has happened several times with several clients.  Data is published to the AGOL account as a hosted feature layer.  The layer is added to a web map.  Sometimes the web map is used in a web app created with Web App Builder.  Users in the AGOL account are required to make updates to existing line feature layers.  This process works for about two months.  Then, suddenly, the line feature that they have been updating and using for a while does not allow any updating of the vertices of existing features.  You can add a new feature.  You can modify attributes.  Editing parameters have not been changed.

Esri tickets have been submitted in the past with no resolution.  The only solution for a couple of the features was to completely republish the data or try to make copies using AGOL Assistant.  This sometimes errors out and is not a solution.

This has happened with at least 5 separate accounts that I can think of on different computers and 3 different browsers.

Why does AGOL do this all of a sudden?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Joel,

You may consider rebuilding the spatial index for the hosted feature layer...this options can be found on the Settings tab of the item details page.

Best,

Kyle

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Kyle,

I already tried that without any success.  I am now working on the possibility that the features having M-values in the geometry is causing the problem.  I am going to republish without m-values and see if that solves anything.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000013770

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

The link that you show says that hosted feature layers with M-values should never have been editable, yet you say they have been editable for some time period which seems odd.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are correct. This is very odd.  I would be more ok with the idea that they were never able to be edited and everyone was incorrect about that fact, but since this has happened several times on several accounts this just gets more odd.

0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

Can you send me the error you have when updating the line geometry if you see any? You can also call update the feature using the REST API and let me know what you see. Will be good if you can share this layer and I can take a look.

Khaled

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no error.  There is simply no way to modify the vertices.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you please provide the support case numbers so I can review them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was recently informed that there was aother ticket created for this recent issue without my knowledge.  I spoke to Vanshika at Esri Support Services for a while today about this and she will be contacting me with more information.  The case number is Case #02218211.  I can try to find the old ticket number if you need that one.  I was not involved with that ticket.

0 Kudos