Survey 123 Report Beta Error

Jump to solution
11-14-2018 05:00 AM
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

Our Water Distribution employee using the backflow inspection survey contacted me yesterday about not being able to generate the reports for his survey. I attempted the same and we both get the same error below:

Error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse "${F_Devsize2}"Field "${F_Devsize2}" does not exist or cannot be found in current parsing scope. 

Previously the reports for this survey were working just fine. There have not been any updates or changes made to the survey itself. 

I tried removing the report template and re-uploading it to see if that would make a difference but I still get the same error when trying to generate the report. 

The field that the error references is still present in the feature service and the survey itself is functioning normally. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TiffanyRufo

Solution provided by an ESRI Analyst: 

In the word document report template the field for F_Devsize the S is lower case but in the feature service it is capitalized.

For some reason it worked fine since it was published in January but a recent update made it sensitive to capitalization.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TiffanyRufo

UPDATE:

been digging around and the feature service (when you look at it in the details pages under 'Data' shows 2000 records when there are only 100. Don't know if this is related, but when I export the feature service as a FGDB it downloads normally and has 100 records like it should.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your question. The error message you observe indicates that a field in your word template cannot be matched with your survey. Prior to 3.0, this problem was being ignored by the feature report service. As of 3.1, we enforce more strict syntax validation, hence the error you see. Considering the UPDATE above, seems there are probably repeats in your survey, please make sure that the ${F_Devsize2} field can be found in the corresponding related table if it's in a repeat section (e.g. inside ${#repeat1} and ${/repeat1}) of your report template.

For the Data page you see the incorrect records count, would you mind sharing the XLSForm of the survey to help us investigate the issue?

Please do not hesitate to post in this thread the problems you found.
Thanks again for your question.

TiffanyRufo

Hello Zhifang,

Thank you for your reply. This survey was created before repeats were supported in the custom reporting capabilities, therefore there are no repeats in the survey only conditional fields that allow for a kind of mock repeat in order to meet the requirements set forth by the department that requested the survey. Would groups result in the same issues as repeats?

I will attach the XLS form to the question.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
TiffanyRufo

Solution provided by an ESRI Analyst: 

In the word document report template the field for F_Devsize the S is lower case but in the feature service it is capitalized.

For some reason it worked fine since it was published in January but a recent update made it sensitive to capitalization.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tiffany,

Apologize for late responding, but glad to hear that the problem has been solved.

Yes, in the latest 3.1 release, we provide the capabilities to report any syntax error in the report template. As a side-effect, the checking is more restrictive than before which means some templates worked before may not work now, I believe this is what you encountered.

Thanks again for your feedback!

0 Kudos