Video MultiPlexer and ArcGIS Pro

11-12-2018 10:10 AM
Labels (1)
DanielHunter
New Contributor III

I'm trying to encode my metadata into my video using the Video Multiplexer in ArcGIS pro v2.2.4.  I receive the following error:

ERROR 002652: Unable to parse the header of the metadata file. Ensure each column in the metadata file corresponds to a legal MISB 0601 header, or that there is a corresponding entry in the metadata field mapping file.

I've also read a few GeoNet forums this one being the most useful.

ArcPro 2.2 and fmv 

Pretty sure I've got all the field mappings in order according to the FMV_Multiplexer_Field_Mapping_Template.csv

Can someone please check out the attached metadata file and tell me whats wrong?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

There's a fundamental problem with the Unix timestamps.  It looks like you started with a good value, but then made an error in calculating subsequent time stamps.

Your start time is Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:19:00 PM

and Your end time (2735203940000000) is Sunday, September 3, 2056 10:52:20 AM

So the multiplexer is expecting a video file of ~38 years duration.  

Check values at https://www.epochconverter.com/ 

I would also recommend that you do some averaging to filter out bad values, e.g. your Sensor Relative Elevation Angle shows changes from -49 degrees to zero and back to -49 degrees between 3 records.  I'd apply a moving average (e.g. perhaps a weighted average of 5 records) if you can't get more reliable data from your orientation sensors.

Although the multiplexer can sample a DEM to calculate footprint, note if your Sensor Relative Elevation Angle suddenly reports the sensor is aiming toward the horizon (0 degrees), the software will attempt to sample the DEM in the direction the sensor is looking - and a radical orientation change of 50 degrees from one record to the next (even if that is NOT incorrect!) will increase processing time and is unlikely to give you good results.   I'm assuming those values are not correct, so if you smooth out the values you may get better results.

Last, the Sensor Relative Azimuth Angle is intended to be 'in addition to' the Platform Heading Angle - so if the drone is flying north, Heading is near zero, but if you have a gimbal pointing east, your Relative Azimuth Angle would be +/-90 (sorry I don't recall sign +/- off top of my head; not double checking that detail right now).  If you don't have a gimbal that can aim the camera independently of the drone, your Relative Azimuth Angle should be zero.  If (for some reason) you had a camera fixed at some angle left or right of "forward", you'd have a fixed value for Relative Azimuth Angle, and the drone heading would give the Platform Heading Angle.

Try the attached file, and instead of using the DEM, just enter a fixed ground elevation of 307.5 m.  Since your drone did not move very far horizontally, this should (might) give you reasonable results.

Note this does not explain "ERROR 002652: Unable to parse the header of the metadata file" but I'll try to test further.  

Cody B. 

0 Kudos
DanielHunter
New Contributor III

Cody,

Thanks for the prompt and thorough reply and also for the helpful suggestions.  Your file works properly with the multiplexer.

I fixed my timestamps as mentioned above but still had the header error.  Only once I added the 'Sensor Vertical Field of View' column to my metadata file (You also added this to your file...) was I able to successfully run the multiplexer. 

Given my findings I'd suggest updating the documentation for Video Multiplexer to state its necessary to include a 12th column ('Sensor Vertical Field of View').

Video Multiplexer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Thank you for the help,

Dan

NickWallingford
Esri Contributor

Thanks Dan, you're correct. We're updating the documentation.

-Nick

0 Kudos