AnsweredAssumed Answered

How does search work using 'ALL'

Question asked by dalejs on Nov 9, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2018 by rscheitlin

Hello and thanks for looking at my question.

On my ArcGIS Online map I have 'ALL' selected in relation to search on the layers on the map.  This works, I am just wanting to know the how it works.

I have a street centerline layer and a parcel layer with owners information.

I type in a name, it zooms to a street with that name with the pop-up displaying.  I can select "Show More Results" which displays more streets with that name in the associated layer and parcel owners with that name in the associated layer that I can select.

As I know there are more records in both layers that match I am thinking that there is a limit to the number of records that can be displayed in the Show More Results drop down, if that is so, that is fine, I just want to understand what it is doing.

Same thing on the search, if I select the Parcel Owners layer and enter a last name, I do not get all of the owners that are in the layer displayed in the dropdown, I am thinking it is limited to how many records it can show, if that is so, that is fine, I just want to understand what it is doing.

Once I start demonstrating this map application I know that this is one of the first things I will be asked about, "Why is it not showing.

Thank you for your time, Dale

Outcomes