Full range not showing in 'Graduated colors' in Symbology - why?

Jump to solution
11-09-2018 02:35 AM
AlexMacdougall
New Contributor II

Hi community,

ArcMap is having problems registering that a field has both ones and zeros. The first picture below shows clearly that the field called SP01 has 0's and 1's. However, when I go to Symbology to map the 1's in a particular colour and the 0's in another colour, only zero shows in the range (see second picture).

Why is this? I have checked many times to make sure that the field SP01 is numeric. I have even changed all the 1's to 10's, but this didn't work either. I also made sure to validate the join between 'england_lsoa_2001' and the dataset below it - it is joined correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexMacdougall
New Contributor II

Hi again,

For those of you confronting similar issues, I managed to solve the above issue by changing the name of the csv data file from 'Struggling places LSOAs (timepoints 1, 2, and 3).csv' to just 'Struggling places LSOAs.csv'...

Not sure quite why that loosened ArcMap up, but it did...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlexMacdougall
New Contributor II

Hi again,

For those of you confronting similar issues, I managed to solve the above issue by changing the name of the csv data file from 'Struggling places LSOAs (timepoints 1, 2, and 3).csv' to just 'Struggling places LSOAs.csv'...

Not sure quite why that loosened ArcMap up, but it did...

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

punctuation in the filename is usually a no-go.  Spaces will cause processes to fail often, but more likely when they are in the path to the file

AlexMacdougall
New Contributor II

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for this. Will format better in future.

Cheers.

0 Kudos