Large Enterprise Portal Deployments

11-09-2018 01:14 PM
JeffTimm
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for fellow GIS system architects who may be dabbling or even deploying a large highly available portal solution.  I currently am in testing with a Chef deployed 7 server environment.  I would share my challenges and solutions if you would.

ESRI recommended that I ask in this forum for other large early adopters.  We currently have 2500 level 1 users and 50 level 2.

2 Replies
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff, 

I'm an Enterprise Architect with Esri Professional Services. You sound like you're fairly technically savvy already, using Chef is a fairly good indication of this. 

Unfortunately, when you get into deployments of this size, it becomes much less of a theoretical exercise to a much more practical one where you need to carefully look at your required workflows and use cases to come up with the right answer.

I'd be happy to answer some specific questions, but I think you'd be well served by reaching out to your Esri team and schedule a call with an architect in Professional Services as a preliminary step to help determine a level of effort to assist you. 

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.
0 Kudos
JeffTimm
Occasional Contributor

Jacob,

I already have talked with the folks at ESRI.  I had asked my account rep if he knew of any other large Portal deployments and he recommended I post here.

Current planned architecture

This is the currently planned architecture. We already have a Testing environment up and running.  Have ran into issues with the Azure AD bug not recognizing groups.  Been told that will be fixed in 10.7.

I am fairly confident in the configurations and architecture but I would love to talk shop with someone at the same level and size.

0 Kudos