AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to manage licenses as an organization?

Question asked by iamscavok on Nov 8, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2018 by LHristova-esristaff

We're about to purchase an ArcGIS Basic Single-Use license. I've asked a few different salespeople and really haven't received technically satisfactory answers, and I need to provide a license management plan in order to make the purchase.

Essentially, I have to ensure that if an employee leaves the company, that under all circumstances, I will be able to retain control of the license without legal or excessive proof of purchase requirements. I was provided this link: Setting the software product and license environment—Help | ArcGIS Desktop, but it doesn't provide how the License Management system works. Can I have the License Management tool installed on my own computer, managed by my ESRI account, and remotely deauthorize a user or license installed on one of my employees' computers?

If not, how do I retain control of the license? A scenario that is unacceptable is if the license ownership is tied to an individual account, and the employee requires the credentials to log into that account in order to use ArcGIS products.

Outcomes