How are you using the Master Street Names Table?

11-07-2018 01:51 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm involved with a project that needs a verification piece, and I am wondering how people are using the LGIM Master Streets Names table as an element of verification.

In our case, we have a master street name table that is considered the source of truth.  Let's say a developer comes in and wants to name a street 'S Joes Ln': we look up the proposed name in the master street names table; if there is a 'S Joes Ln' already, the developer is out of luck. He'll need to come up with a new name, and process starts over.  Other wise, he's good to go.

We also use the master street names table as a source of verification for address points.  Our master streets table has a range of allowable house numbers and once a master street name record is in the table, any new address points are verified against it.  Think of is as geocoding without the 'geo' part. (For those of you familiar with the master street address guide (MSAG) often times associated with 9-1-1 our master street names table is akin to it.)

However, the actual LGIM model does not have house number ranges.  Our master street names table was in existence well before the LGIM came into play.  I'm curious as to what modifications you have made to  the LGIM master streets table, and how you use it.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
0 Replies