Question regarding network analysis in ArcGIS

11-05-2018 12:54 PM
VikasMenghwani
New Contributor

I am trying to use the Closest Facility within the Network Analyst tool. I am able to perform the analysis but what I need in the outcome are the details of the route between the incidents and the facilities. All I currently get is the route length. While creating the network dataset - I have included network elements like type of road etc. These get stored in the network edges. But I want these details even in the analysis outcome. I want to know the lengths of the different types of roads used between the facilities and the incidents. along the closest route.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

What you want is the Copy Traversed Source Features tool.  You can run this tool on a solved Network Analyst layer, and it will produce feature classes with information about the individual network edges and junctions that were traversed by the route.

VikasMenghwani
New Contributor

Thanks for this! But I am finding error while running that tool. Will it not run properly if the network analysis layer has some unsolved routes? I am attaching the error messages here.

Much thanks in advance.Error while running Copy Traversed Source Features

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

It should still work.  If you're unable to determine the problem, you'll probably need to contact Esri Support for help.

0 Kudos