AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lock down the ability to enter a value in a field after the form has been submitted once.

Question asked by MFARUQI_governmentofbc on Nov 1, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2018 by MFARUQI_governmentofbc

Hi folks!

Posting for the first time, but have been dependent on the info shared in this group since I have embarked on the Survey123 journey! Ismael Chivite and James Tedrick have been amazing at providing answers along with the community at large; definitely super grateful for that!

The issue that I need help with, is locking down the ability to enter a value in a field after the form has been submitted once. My form is used to collect information on damaged sites and allows users to enter a date in one of the fields for when an incident occurred.

For on going incidents, users can go back into the same form/record and update info as things progress. However, when the incident occurred will never change (i.e. if an incident occurred on 2018/11/01, regardless of how many times someone goes in to update information on that site, the date of the incident will always remain 2018/11/01 as that's when it happened). I would like to be able to essentially make the field value read-only after the first submission. 

Is there currently a way to do this? I have used the once() function for other things but don't believe it is meant for this (and I definitely cannot self-reference the field in the calculation for that field). Any help would be appreciated!

Outcomes