Publishing Error - Code 500 - Dataset not found

10-31-2018 02:17 PM
AlexandrePrado
New Contributor

Hello!

So I have been trying to publish a form (attached below) that I created in Survey123 Connect to our ArcGIS Portal, but show me this error code 500: Dataset not found. I don´t know why!!! 

I have attached the excel spreadsheet as well.

Any help would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
megan_r
Esri Contributor

Hello,  Alexandre!

I downloaded the XLS document you provided, opened Survey123 Connect, and created a new survey from that file and I was able to publish the service. Is your Portal federated with your Server? If so, we should try checking the Server Logs in server manager to see if they provide a more detailed error message. Check out some documentation below about accessing the server logs if you need any additional assistance on that:

You will also want to verify that your Portal account has the permissions to create feature services in your Portal Organization. Log into your Portal account in a browser and view your profile to see what 'Role' and 'Level' are assigned to your account.

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Any solution to this Alexandre Prado‌?  I'm getting the same errors you are, except using the Survey123 website (with my Portal).

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

It is probably best to log this with Esri Support to determine what the problem is.  In most cases where this type of error occurs, there is an issue with the Portal timing out or otherwise not providing the expected response to teh creation of the feature class.

0 Kudos
Juan_JoséPino_Povedano
New Contributor II

Any suggestion about that issue, I´ve the same problem when I try to publish. I try to publish with Admin Role and Publishing (with extra grants) Role and It sent the same message.

Regards

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

I also am running into this error message with Survey 123 3.7.6 and Portal 10.7.1

We've opened an Esri case regarding it (case #02455902) and hopefully can determine the issue. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Amanda,

The 'Unable to create folder' occurs when a previous publishing attempt has created a folder and is not cleared out.  The 'Dataset not found' error is an issue with the ArcGIS Data Store component of your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment; one cause for this is if the Data Store has been placed in read-only mode.  Otherwise, examining the Data Store and ArcGIS Server's logs should identify the issue.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi James, 

Thanks so much for the reply. It did appear to be an read-only mode issue and the issue has been resolved. 

That being said we're further investigating why the data store was placed in a read-only mode since we have not recently run out of space, but in the mean time S123 can successfully publish data. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
EricAnderson_DHS
Occasional Contributor

To help anyone else seeing this error, we got the same 500 "Dataset not found" error with the latest version of Survey123 Connect (3.11.123) and publishing to Portal 10.8.1. We found the XLSX had a reserved field name - "current_date". The XLSX does spit back an error when adding a field with a reserved name, so I understand this maybe a tough ask to classify this as a bug, but possibly the error messaging could be improved?

Thanks!

@JamesTedrick 

Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi EricA, I believe I'm having that same issue - specifically with the XLSX Advanced Form Template. Publishing from older forms that don't have the reserved name sheet works fine. 

What was your workaround? I couldn't find anything else in my form schema that references the "current_date" reserved field name. Although its possible there's another field unfortunately . . . Is there a recommended method for trawling through the list of reserved names and comparing the two to make sure there's no conflicts? Would simply removing the reserved name datasheet work in the interim?

Thank you,

Henry

Henry
0 Kudos