Edit Creator Field

11-01-2018 07:49 AM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

I have a feature service sitting on AGOL that has editing enabled. What I'm trying to do is update the creator field in the feature service. If this isn't possible I would like to dynamically copy the creator field to another blank field.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
megan_r
Esri Contributor

The 'Creator' field of the feature service is locked, so you won't be able to update it; however, you can

Take a look at the documentation above and reach out if you have any additional questions!

joerodmey
MVP Alum

Hi Megan,

I need to do this automatically though...the copying aspect.

0 Kudos
DanSmith27
New Contributor III

Is there any way to change ownership of a feature, then? In order for Person A to upload (create) data, but Person B to edit and delete it? Only referring to feature services - not a geodatabase etc.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

There are two way to do this:1. Run GP Tool on the Web AppBuilder, 2. Update the Feature Service field 'created_user' in your database in ArcMap.

1. Create a small geoprocessing model. The tools to use would be; add field and calculate field. Run the model and make a GP service of the model to put it in your Web AppBuilder.

2. In ArcCatolog, go to your feature class, right mouse click on the feature. Go to 'Manage', disable editor tracking. Bring the layer to ArcMap. Start editing. This will allow you to edit created_user field. Update the field. Save edits. Don't forget to enable editor tracking once done. You may have to over wright the service. That should do it.

0 Kudos