AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why can't I edit my domains in ArcGIS Online?

Question asked by hunderwood_SWRPC on Oct 31, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2018 by hunderwood_SWRPC

Hi All:

My map and application calls on a number of features that were originally created in ArcGIS Desktop in a geodatabase with coded domains. The migration to ArcGIS Online went smoothly, but I would like to make some adjustments. I understand that this summer, changes to lists are possible: Define attribute lists and ranges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS.

When I select "Edit" at the "List of Values (Domains)" (pictured in large screen grab below), I am permitted to make changes to to order of items in the list and change the text of items. However, the "Save" button always stays "deactivated." I can only click "Cancel." 

Any idea what is going on here?

One more piece of information. The feature service is owned by one organization and shared via a group. When loading up the shared map, I get an error message about the domain being "read only" in ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks for any advice!

PS - I find it strange that for a geodatabase that is uploaded to AGOL, one has to make changes to the "Domain" of each feature. This is a bummer because my water system dataset has many features that use the same field.

Outcomes