Directions to Feature via Explorer Mobile App (Android)

Jump to solution
10-30-2018 09:55 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I am using an ArcGIS Online Web Map with hosted feature services. I thought there used to be a method when selecting a feature you could click a button that would say "Directions to here" and it would provide a route to the selected feature.

- This is available in Collector

Now I cannot find this option in Explorer only the compass option. 

Was this feature deprecated or am I missing something?

the reference guide HERE says its possible but doesn't really provide steps to achieve it. 

I am using Android devices

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

I found a temporary workaround in case anyone else needs this. 

my features have an address attribute field that's displayed in the pop-up.

if you highlight the address Android will detect this and a "google maps" icon will appear which will provide driving directions. 

- still would be nice if it has the same option as collector to "Get directions Here"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

I found a temporary workaround in case anyone else needs this. 

my features have an address attribute field that's displayed in the pop-up.

if you highlight the address Android will detect this and a "google maps" icon will appear which will provide driving directions. 

- still would be nice if it has the same option as collector to "Get directions Here"

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

At this time, directions in Explorer on Android are only supported with Navigator for ArcGIS, so you need Navigator installed to see the Directions option. The doc incorrectly lists Google Maps support. There is a request in to get the doc fixed (thanks for bringing it to my attention!)

Adding support for getting directions in Google Maps is planned: BUG-000114385: Unable to navigate from Explorer for ArcGIS (Android.. 

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AaronKoelker

Hey Kylie, any update on getting directions through Google Maps, etc for Explorer (Android)?

-Aaron

-Aaron
0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aaron - This is something we are targeting for the next release of Explorer on Android, expected later this year. If you are interested in testing it out, please send us an email at Explorer4ArcGIS@esri.com and we can get you involved in the beta once one is available.

Esri Education Team