Graduated symbology class values - Can you display number ranges instead of < symbols?

10-30-2018 09:10 AM
AbbiMcGlennon
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'm looking for some advice.

When creating a choropleth map is there any way to change how the frequencies numbers are classed (aside from the options within the Method drop down)? I will try to elaborate better...

So instead of <1, < 3 etc... you can do 0, 1-2, 3-5 etc.. (See picture for context).

I have been asked to change the legend on my maps so that the frequency classes aren't displayed with < symbols and describe the range of numbers within the class instead, but I don't know how I can change this, or, if it is at all possible! 

Any help would be most appreciated (Although I can do everything I need to on Arc pro, I am no means an expert so please excuse my ignorance with the more in-depth aspects of this program).

TIA, 

Abbi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you tried using 'Unique Values' and manually grouping the values you want.  You can then edit the Label column to whatever you like which would update any dynamic Legend or Table of Contents.

AbbiMcGlennon
New Contributor

Ah that is just what I wanted - I think that should resolve the issue (If not I'll come back to this thread again!). 

Thank you! The way I had learnt to create choropleth maps hadn't mentioned the unique value options so I had somewhat blindsighted it! 

Thanks Mitch .