Possible to maintain same calculated UUID within a repeat?

Jump to solution
10-30-2018 06:58 AM
patricksowers1
New Contributor II

Is it possible to maintain a unique UUID within a repeat? I am trying to keep the same UUID within multiple repeat records. So far I've tried calculating a UUID outside of the repeat and then passing it to the repeat, but the UUID outside of the repeat changes each time a new repeat record is created. My only other solution to this is creating a concatenated "ticketnumber" in place of a UUID which is not ideal.

My general workflow is to create some related records with a UUID in Survey123, then concatenate a URL to open Collector and create a new polygon feature while also passing the UUID and survey123 calculations.  The last step is to go back to Survey123 and submit the related records. Hope this makes sense.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
patricksowers1
New Contributor II

Just discovered the once function....:

once()

If a question already has a value, returns the existing value. Useful when using random() or uuid() in a repeated question to ensure the value doesn't change when you browse through the repeat records in the form.

once(uuid())

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
patricksowers1
New Contributor II

Just discovered the once function....:

once()

If a question already has a value, returns the existing value. Useful when using random() or uuid() in a repeated question to ensure the value doesn't change when you browse through the repeat records in the form.

once(uuid())

0 Kudos