AnsweredAssumed Answered

Web Map does not load in Main Stage of Story Map Journal

Question asked by paulfmccord on Oct 26, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2018 by ressinger-esristaff

I've created a Story Map that is now being hosted on my research center's website. However, we're having a problem where, for some users, the content in the Main Stage disappears seconds after it's loaded.

In this part of the Story Map, the viewer is instructed to click on text, which triggers a Story Action that changes the content of the Main Stage to a web map that I've embedded as a website (I did this by including '&embed' at the end of the web page link following this resource). 

The message that some of the viewers of the Story Map have been getting indicates that the connection to the web map was refused. I've attached the error to this post.

I haven't experienced this problem myself, but I watched two other people in my lab click on the Story Action and they both received the error (although several others that I watched did not have the problem). I will say that the web map that appears after the viewer triggers the Story Action does have a large amount of polylines. Could the issue be the size of the web map? It seems strange though that only some people have had this problem.

Attachments

Outcomes