How to add globalID to a new feature

10-25-2018 02:19 PM
KeithLarson1
MVP Alum

Hello,

I am trying to add a feature to a featureTable in qml. I create a new feature with createFeature() and then fill the attributes with the values I need using replaceAttribute(). However, I have some columns that hold global id's (for archiving and relationship classes), and they cannot be changed from null. When I add a feature to the table, it automatically assigns it a global id, but the global id's that are used for relationships with other tables are left null. I would like to fill these with the global id's from the related tables, but I am unable to do this. Also, I dont appear to be able to insert attributes into the feature either. 

I am getting a Sqlite constraint error when trying to add multiple features to the table, which is from a .geodatabse file. I suspect it is due to the null global id's. So, if anyone knows how I can edit these attributes, that would be great.

Thanks,

Keith

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

global IDs are auto generated and are non editable. I wonder - are you calling applyEdits to apply the edits to the feature service? I wonder if the global id does not get assigned until it gets added to the service. 

0 Kudos