An error occurred while creating features. (Duplicate field names are not allowed. ()

Jump to solution
10-24-2018 04:35 PM
WinleyDurham
New Contributor II

Hello, I am encountering this error when uploading a CSV and TXT file onto ArcGIS Online. I have checked for spaces, duplicate field names, and have none of them. 

Below is a list of my field names 

CBResponseID

Comments

Form_Type

WM_ID

Business_Name

Street_Address

City

Contact_Title

Contact_Phone

Why_NoRecycling

PContactEmail

There are no empty spaces in the field names before or after the names. 

Does anyone know why I am getting this error?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Winley Durham sent me the CSV and when I opened it I saw that every other row in the CSV was completely blank. I opened the CSV in Excel and sorted the data largest to smalled based on the ResponseID field. This moved all the empty rows to the bottom. 

After that I was able to publish the CSV successfully.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you share the CSV? Do you have this issue with other CSV files?

0 Kudos
WinleyDurham
New Contributor II

I'm not sure how I would share the CSV here, there doesn't seem to be an option for attaching files, would a screenshot work? And yes I usually have this issue with other CSV files when trying to geocode from arcgis online

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Winley Durham sent me the CSV and when I opened it I saw that every other row in the CSV was completely blank. I opened the CSV in Excel and sorted the data largest to smalled based on the ResponseID field. This moved all the empty rows to the bottom. 

After that I was able to publish the CSV successfully.

WinleyDurham
New Contributor II

Hi Katie,

I saw your response here and was wondering if you could elaborate a little more about what was going on?

When I open the CSV file I sent you in excel there are no blank rows in the Response ID Field after sorting largest to smallest and having no filter on the data.

Would you be able to send the CSV back to me after you edited it to see if there’s any difference, maybe an error with my own laptop?

Thank you,

Winley Durham

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I sent you an email with the CSV, let me know if that helps

0 Kudos