AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error when outputting, "Malformed data. Length is negative: -40 "

Question asked by nkoski_mnpower on Oct 24, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2018 by rsunderman-esristaff

Hi there,

When my service goes to output using the update feature process I am constantly seeing a series of errors that come from com.esri.ges.messaging.jms.GeoEventBytesEncoder, the most common are:

• "null java.lang.NullPointerException"
  • "An unexpected error occurred while attempting to serialize the GeoEvent to a Byte Array. Error: null."
  • "Malformed data. Length is negative: -40 org.apache.avro.AvroRuntimeException: Malformed data. Length is negative: -40 at org.apache.avro.io.BinaryDecoder.doReadBytes(BinaryDecoder.java:336) [18:avro:1.8.2]"
  • "An unexpected error occurred while attempting to serialize the GeoEvent to a Byte Array. Error: Malformed data. Length is negative: -40." (this error is coming as an info type in the log when I have it set to debug, full error is in a screen shot below)

I cannot figure out what is causing them at all. During some research, I found that similar errors seem to come from using nesting geoevent definitions, but I am not using nested.

The service outputs into a multipoint and a polygon, both give this error. However, it does not seem to have trouble outputting into a CSV file. Inside the CSV file the data looks perfect and shows no problems. I have tried deleting and manually remaking the definition with did not help. The error is not constantly happening, it seems to come and go.

I was curious if anyone has experienced this before. The one that is really confusing me is the data length -40 because I cannot figure out how that is possible.RJ Sunderman

Thanks!

Attachments

Outcomes