AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue to make editable a story map for a colleague outside my org

Question asked by fnicolas on Oct 24, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2018 by OEvans-esristaff

Hi,

I am fairly new to ArcGIS online and story maps and I am trying to set up a group to share a story map work with a colleague from another organisation (she already has an account / license on ArGIS online). 

I could create the group with the story map and invite the colleague. But it seems that she can´t edit the story map - only viewing is possible. 

I can see here Levels, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS that users have different roles. I am a publisher and not an administrator: so I can´t "Create custom roles" as stated in the table defining the roles. 

And it seems that I missed something something when I created the group and I can´t go back anymore. I missed it because of this role - I am only a publisher and can´t create custome roles when setting a new group. For example the interface visible here Enable colleagues to update your maps and apps  is different than what I had - I don´t have the field "What items in the group can its members update?".

Is "create custome roles" the reason why I could not set up the group to make possible editing for the colleague from another organisation? 

Thank you!

Outcomes