Issues when overwriting a public Map Image Service with non-owner Portal user

10-19-2018 01:00 AM
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

I have ArcGIS Server (10.6) federated with Portal. It's a simple single machine setup (1 hosting server).

A Map Image Service is owned by another Portal user of my organization and it is shared with Everyone. The service was originally published with ArcMap.

From ArcMap I am trying to overwirite this service. I have permissions to do so, I created the connection to the server with ArcCatalog and am able to complete the overwrite servuice process.

After doing this, I was not able to access this service with my Portal user anymore. It also disappeared from REST.

The only way to see it is to login with the service's owner credentials. But the service is still shared with Everyone.

The only thing I could do was to delete and republish the service from scratch, but if another user of my organiozation will try to ovewrite it, it would probably happen the same.

Is there a way to solve this issue? I know I can change the ownership with an admin user, but I don't want to do this all the time.

1 Reply
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Has anybody experienced this problem? Is it a bug? We still have to deal with it...

0 Kudos