How to mass edit existing mobile workers in Workforce?

10-18-2018 03:37 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I have to go through all of my existing workers in Workforce and add an "expertise" level to their title and copy their AGOL username into the notes section. The reason for this is because you can't see the AGOL username in Workforce and the dispatchers need to see the usernames if anything goes wrong.

Under the Users tab, I selected "Add workers from file" and downloaded the template csv pre-populated with existing workers. I went through and tried to edit this template file so that I could easily assign expertise levels and edit the notes section.

The notes section currently has their email in it, so in excel I was able to use a formula to concatenate the userId field and notes field into "username, email". I saved it, then imported it into workforce and receive one of these errors every time:

This error comes up even if I download the pre-populated template and then import that with no changes. At this point it would have been easier to just edit all of the workers manually, but soon we will have almost 100 workers that may need mass updates.

The app is already live and tasks have been assigned to a few workers - so I can't just delete them all and start over. 

What's the easiest way to batch edit the users?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Karen,

Unfortunately, if the project is already live and worked has been created and assigned you'll have to edit the Worker records in place.

You could do this through Python, since that would allow you to access the rest API to get at the named user information.

One question I have - we're looking at adding the named user info in the next release of Workforce, but we would add this for the Workers tab for the Project Owner.  Can you go into some detail on why the Dispatchers need to see the named user information?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, Craig. I'll try using Python to edit the workers or do it manually.

The reason we need the named user information is because our workers have AGOL accounts based on their employee number, which changes frequently when the workers are promoted or are changed from contractor to employee. Here's an example of an account:

Jane Doe

Username: T8234014

Currently, we can only see "Jane Doe" in workforce but not the username T8234014 - unless we put it in the notes section of the worker. This makes it difficult when the workers have issues seeing the maps/assignments because we don't know the account number that the name relates to. 

For now, we can continue to edit the workers manually, but this would be an excellent addition to the workforce app!

0 Kudos