ArcMap crashing issues

Jump to solution
10-19-2018 02:40 AM
RobertoFilloramo
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am having some troubles with my ArcMap (v. 10.1), suddenly it started to crash. Firstly it crashed just opening my projects, then after few days it was able to open them yet crashed when I tried to select some .shp or raster or dwg. While now it is able to charge the project, select the .shp or raster or dwg yet if I try to use the editor tool (when I select a point, for instance, in order to use "move to"). Moreover, if I use another tool it takes some second (such freezing) before using it... Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Crashes which appear with existing or new projects suggest that either you application profile is corrupt or the software is in need of a repair (Window, control panel, add/remove programs with the repair option)

There is no easy fix if the software doesn't work since it may not be related to the software at all, but with you general computing environment.  Clean your machine and update to the latest version if you are on maintenance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Crashes which appear with existing or new projects suggest that either you application profile is corrupt or the software is in need of a repair (Window, control panel, add/remove programs with the repair option)

There is no easy fix if the software doesn't work since it may not be related to the software at all, but with you general computing environment.  Clean your machine and update to the latest version if you are on maintenance.

RobertoFilloramo
New Contributor III

Thank you Dan!

0 Kudos