Can't build/view story map in IE 11

10-18-2018 03:37 PM
HayleighPervorse1
New Contributor II

I'm unable to load or build a story map (Map Series) in Internet Explorer 11. I built one in chrome but I still cannot launch the application in IE. Is this a bug? This is on Portal version 10.6.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Hayleigh,

Do you get an error message when trying to load the Map Series in IE?

Hit F12 to open the developer console in Internet explorer, share any messages from that.

Do you have Compatibility Mode enabled in Internet Explorer 11?

Are other users affected? Are you able to share the link?

0 Kudos
HayleighPervorse1
New Contributor II

Here are the errors I am getting. I cannot share the link but yes other users are experiencing the same issue. We were able to open the map series when using Portal 10.5 but we just upgraded 10.6 and are now experiencing this issue. 

0 Kudos
HayleighPervorse1
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
HayleighPervorse1
New Contributor II

Also, just another thing to note. It's not just when I'm trying to launch a map series that has already been created. I also cannot create a brand new Map Series story map from Internet Explorer. It just freezes on the loading page. All I see is this :  

I can however build other kinds of story maps, I just tried to create "story map basic" and that loads fine.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Hayleigh. Do you have Compatibility Mode enabled in Internet Explorer 11?

0 Kudos
HayleighPervorse1
New Contributor II

I tried accessing it with and without compatibility mode enabled. Both ways do not work.

0 Kudos
KrystalPhaneuf2
Occasional Contributor

I'm running into the same issues and seeing the same errors in the developer console.  Did you figure out how to fix this?  I'm on Portal 10.6 and IE 11 version 11.523.17134.0

0 Kudos
HayleighPervorse1
New Contributor II

I was having trouble with the swipe story map. Sadly no fix found, ended up using the swipe widget in a web app instead and opening the widget by default!

0 Kudos
ValerieHanson
New Contributor III

Has this been resolved yet?  I just put in a tech support request for this.

0 Kudos