Enterprise 10.6.1 Cloud Builder CLI for AWS - PREP step

Jump to solution
10-17-2018 05:33 AM
DavidHoy
Esri Contributor

I have been attempting to run the simplest test of the cloudbuilder for AWS CLI. Running the PREP option

cloudbuilder.exe PREP -j Configuration\MyPrepFiles\vpcprep.json

with the following JSON config file (nothing else in it) to do no more than create a new VPC with two subnets (in the Asia Pacific SouthEast - Sydney Region)

{
"AWSCredentials": {
"AWSAccessKey": "AKIAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
"AWSSecretKey": "jrAAeXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
"AWSRegion": "ap-southeast-2"
},
"NetworkStack": {
"StackName": "Speedy-Hub",
"AZs": "ap-southeast-2a,ap-southeast-2b",
"CreateFlag": true
}
}

When this runs - there is no output, no ErrorLog and the only messages in the Log is the following:

Date :17-Oct-18 3:37:05 PM---------------Process initiated with batch id : 20181017033705

Date :17-Oct-18 3:37:05 PM---------------Failed to determine list of parameters for Network Stack

The json was copied directly from the SAMPLE file and just the Region and AZs altered.

What may be causing the lack of result?

Is this a valid use of the PREP function?

Does the cloudbuilder.exe automatically decide the CIDR space for the subnets?

Have spent a frustrating couple of hours checking syntax, and reading doc. No luck so far.

David H.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidHoy
Esri Contributor

I have worked it out for myself.

1. You cant use just a file like my vpcprep.json as a standalone PREP configuration for the cloudbuilder.exe
    • it needs to be a part of a bigger file that also includes the upload of licences and SSL certs. (like the allprep.json file provided in the samples folder
  2. cloudbuilder.exe does have a hardcoded setup for the CIDRs created for the VPC and subnets
    • VPV : 10.0.0.0/16
      • Subnet 1: 10.0.0.0/24
      • Subnet 2: 10.0.1.0/24
    • so there is a lot of space here  255 addresses in each

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DavidHoy
Esri Contributor

I have worked it out for myself.

1. You cant use just a file like my vpcprep.json as a standalone PREP configuration for the cloudbuilder.exe
    • it needs to be a part of a bigger file that also includes the upload of licences and SSL certs. (like the allprep.json file provided in the samples folder
  2. cloudbuilder.exe does have a hardcoded setup for the CIDRs created for the VPC and subnets
    • VPV : 10.0.0.0/16
      • Subnet 1: 10.0.0.0/24
      • Subnet 2: 10.0.1.0/24
    • so there is a lot of space here  255 addresses in each