Directions with Explorer on Android?

Jump to solution
10-17-2018 06:35 AM
ChrisYoung4
New Contributor II

OK, so I have a web map that is able to be viewed in the mobile ESRI app Explorer. On iPhones/Apple devices I can click on the feature scroll down to the bottom of the attributes and I have the ability to get directions from whichever software I choose ie. google maps, waze, apple maps; as far as android I do not have that capability of generating directions.

My question is, is it possible to get directions on android? if so am I missing a setting on the android device?

app build: 18.1.0

Adndroid Software: G955USQ55CR14

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

Currently, Explorer Android directions work if you have Navigator for ArcGIS also installed on your device. You are not alone in wanting Google Maps, Apple maps etc integration for Explorer Android. It's on our Roadmap for our next release which is slated for early 2019.

Thanks,

Heather

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ChrisYoung4
New Contributor II

anyone?

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

Currently, Explorer Android directions work if you have Navigator for ArcGIS also installed on your device. You are not alone in wanting Google Maps, Apple maps etc integration for Explorer Android. It's on our Roadmap for our next release which is slated for early 2019.

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung4
New Contributor II

Thank you for the information.

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  "Early 2019" has come and gone.  Is there a release date for this feature?    

Thanks.

GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I'd also be keen to know if we can expect a new Android release of Explorer with this feature in soon?

Thanks

Gareth

ChrisYoung1
New Contributor II

As others have stated.. "Early 2019" has come and gone" any updates would be greatly appreciated.

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I usually just add a hyperlink to Google Maps Directions in the feature popups. 

Easiest if you have XY coordinates, an address, or place name that Google would recognize that you can populate in the URL: https://www. google.com/maps/dir/?api=1&destination={DisplayY}%2C{DisplayX}  (no space after www.)

Otherwise, you may be able to use Arcade to get xy coordinates.

AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Any updates on this? Feature still seems to be absent in Android as of Oct 2019.

-Aaron

-Aaron
0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Hi Aaron,

We are working on this right now and it will be available in Explorer Android 19.1 which should be in beta in a month. Would you be interested in participating in the beta? If so please email explorer4arcgis@esri.com and we will get you information on how to join.

Hope this helps,

-Brent