the help in arcgis tools not work

10-15-2018 10:44 AM
ahmadyoussef1
New Contributor II

the help in arcgis not work any tool in arctool box when i click on tool help it give me this message

Can’t reach this page

i downloaded r and activate r integration toolbox and r bridge & arcgisbinding

i traed reinstall the arcgis 10.6.1 again and repair but the problem still not solved

Tags (3)
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

https://community.esri.com/thread/222786-lost-access-to-help-system-arcmap-105 

also reporting issues

Did issues begin before or after the last windows update this week?

ahmadyoussef1
New Contributor II

yeeeeeees after the update this week the problem happened do you think the windows update is bad

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ahmad... I only have ArcGIS Pro installed now, so I can't confirm …. but it does seem coincidental.

If so, I am sure esri is aware of it (nothing on the support site presently that I can find)

Online help is your best bet now, and it is the most current.

Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ahmad,

In Tech Support we have the following defect logged for this behavior:

[BUG-000117599 "Can't reach this page" message when launching any geoprocessing tool help if Windows update KB4462918 or KB4462949 is installed.]

Feel free to call Esri Support at 888-377-4575 for tracking this defect.

RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

I had a similar problem after the last Windows 10 anniversary Build. Check your ActiveX settings in IE11 in your local security zone. 

How to enable ActiveX on Windows 10 - Microsoft Community 

Rich D.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Richard, thanks for the info. I have a few questions. Did you have the same issue, a "Can't reach this page" message when launching any geoprocessing tool help, like Ahmed posted a screenshot of in his initial post above?

ActiveX settings, at least on my machine seem to be normal, but the issue remains unless I uninstall specific Windows updates. If you fixed the same issue with ActiveX settings, which specific setting resolved it?

Thanks!

Scott

0 Kudos